Sunday 27 February 2011

Comparing ideas to other films from my genre

My groups film is a tragic drama. We thought this would be a good genre to choose as we all like tragic dramas and feel we know about it fairly well. My sisters keeper (2009) was a film we took ideas from and has played a significant part in coming up with our film idea. For example for our opening we have a young girl talking over the top as does my sisters keeper but the young girl talking over the top is going to be a lot younger and we do not start it straight away like this film does. A difference with our film and my sisters keeper is we are going to show memories of what happened to the young girl when she was a child. In our film the voice over is to show the girl is in heaven and she cannot be seen on the screen as this would ruin the illusion that she is always there even when she is not. Another similarity is that our drama is family orientated as is my sisters keeper. But we are going to show the family going through bad times and not getting along as my sisters keeper is about the family getting on and being close.

No comments:

Post a Comment